David L. Sackett (1934-2015) was a Clinical epidemiologist, pioneer of evidence-based medicine and the founder of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine.
The David L. Sackett Fellowship provides awardees with EBMLive delegate registration, funding towards travel and accommodation, and the opportunity to present at the next EBMLive event in a dedicated session.
Ten submissions will be awarded the full David L. Sackett Fellowship.
Application process – CLOSED
- Submissions to made through the call for abstracts portal EBMLive David L. Sackett Fellowship
- Submit a 500-word abstract that sets out how to address the issue of making research evidence relevant, replicable, and accessible to end-users as set out in the EBM manifesto. Submissions may include a description of the problem, including objectives and potential solutions. Original research submissions should include: objectives, methods, results & conclusions. Work in progress submissions will be considered.
- References are not obligatory and the word count is affected by the inclusion of references.
Accepted submissions will be added to the EBMLive site and published in the BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine journal supplement when accompanied with a signed licence to publish.
To be accepted, applicants must meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- A student or an early-career researcher enrolled in a health-related program of study at a university or comparable institution
- A health professional less than 5 years out of a training program
- A postdoctoral researcher in any health-related discipline less than 10 years post PhD and not holding a permanent academic post in a university or comparable institution
- A patient who is using evidence to campaign for better health care
- Applicants will also need to confirm that travel is required to take up the scholarship award.
The David L. Sackett Fellowship is funded by the McCall MacBain Foundation